The BenQ Joybee Mini Projector GP2
Your Very Own Multimedia Entertainer on the Go
Meet the all new Joybee GP2 – BenQ’s second-generation LED mini projector! Styled with the signature black and white design, this palm-sized device leads the category with a number of upgraded features, including an all-in-one iPhone/iPod-compatible dock, an optional battery pack, short-throw projection, unparalleled multimedia connectivity and two 2W stereo speakers. A truly incredible mobile entertainer, the Joybee GP2 brings you up close and personal audiovisual enjoyment no matter where you go! Enjoyment matters!
Detachable Battery for Total Portability
When running at 100 ANSI lumen brightness on a fully charged battery, the GP2 can give you three hours of mobile cinema fun.
An Ultra Portable Entertainment Station that Fits in the Palm of Your Hand
Plug your Apple iPhone or iPod into the iPhone/iPod-compatible dock to share videos, photos and games with family and friends via a big screen up to 160” in size! Just make sure your iPhone or iPod application supports TV-Out. Plus, this multifunctional dock is uniquely designed to simultaneously charge up your Apple device, so you’ll never run out of fun.
Compact and Stylish Design
Light and compact at a mere 565g (without battery), the sleek and stylish GP2 is perfect to carry around town – whether it’s for house parties, camping expeditions or for traveling abroad.
4W Integrated Audio Power
Travel light and enjoy great sounds with the GP2! This mini projector is packed with two quality built-in 2W speakers, so you can leave your speakers at home.
Music Playback in Standby Mode
The GP2 is also your personal speaker system. Simply have the device in the Standby mode to listen to your favorite tunes day in and day out!
Multimedia Connectivity that Supports Just About Anything
The GP2 connects to your everyday home entertainment and personal media devices with a simple plug ‘n play!
With the GP2, you won’t need a D-sub cable! Connect it to your computer using a USB cable instead.
USB File Transfer
Plug ‘n transfer your multimedia files to the 2GB internal storage to travel light.
Picture Performances that Enlighten You
Powered by BenQ’s 3LED projection technology, the GP2 utilizes RGB LEDs as the light source to bring you crisp, clear cinematic picture quality with optimized brightness, contrast ratio, native resolution and NTSC color gamut. Now, you can enjoy up to 160” of big-picture entertainment wherever you go!
HD-Ready with a 720p Resolution
Enjoy your favorite movies, sports games and TV programs in high definition! The second-generation mini projector comes HD-ready to upgrade your viewing experience.
44” at a Short Distance
The GP2 is not only highly mobile but also incredibly flexible with a 1.13 short-throw ratio. You simply don’t need that much room when all you need is one meter to project a big picture.
Delightful Colors and Contrast
Boasting a high contrast ratio of 2400:1 and 200 ANSI lumen brightness, the GP2 gives you ultra-refined color definition with sharper text.
Brilliance that Lasts Through Time
Thanks to the 3LED technology, this mini projector can project for 30,000 hours without decrease in brightness when in the Eco Mode. That’s more than ten years of big-screen entertainment – if you use it for eight hours a day! Together with its durable, filter-free DLP engine design, the GP2 is energy efficient and practically effortless to maintain!
Design that Puts You First
Everything about the GP2 is to provide you with a friendly user experience like no other! Unlike traditional projectors, it is styled up with a user interface that brings together navigation elements from popular multimedia devices that you are already familiar with and thoughtful features to keep up with your on-the-go lifestyle.
Touch-Sensitive Control Panel
Unlike traditional projectors, the GP2 allows you to bring up an intuitively designed user interface with a single touch!
The GP2 supports a variety of multimedia formats ranging from videos, photos and music to MS office and PDF documents.
Wait no more! The instant on/off feature helps turn the GP2 on and power it down in only a few seconds.
The ventilation is stylized with circles to create a lively and fun look, while keeping the GP2 nice and cool.
The automatic keystone adjustment helps turn misshaped images, graphics and charts into a perfect square.
|Native Resolution||WXGA (1280 x 800)|
|Brightness*||200 ANSI lumens|
|Contrast Ratio||2400 : 1|
|Display Color||1.07 Billion Colors|
|Aspect Ratio||Native 16:10 (5 aspect ratio selectable)|
|Throw Ratio||1.13 (44” @ 1m)|
|Image Size (Diagonal)||20”-160”|
|Lamp (Normal/Economic Mode)*||LEDx3, 20,000/30,000 hours|
|Keystone Adjustment||1D, Vertical ± 40°|
|Resolution Support||VGA (640 x 480) to UXGA (1600 x 1200)|
|Vertical Scan Rate||23~120Hz|
|Interface||Computer in (D-sub 15pin) x 1 (via CEA 30 pin cable)|
Composite Video in (RCA) x 1 (via CEA 30 pin cable)
HDMI (v1.3) x 1 (mini type)
Audio in (Mini Jack) x 1
Audio L/R in (RCA) x 1 (via CEA 30 pin cable)
Audio out (Mini Jack) x 1
iPod/iPhone Universal Dock x 1
Speaker 2W Stereo x 2
USB (Type A) x 1 (USB Reader)
USB (Type Mini B) x 1 (USB Display/File Transfer) Compatible with Win XP SP2 32 bit , Win Vista 32/64 bit , Win7 32/64 bit
Card Reader x 1 (SD, SDHC up to 16GB)
Internal memory 2GB (1.3 GB for user usage)
|Dimensions(W x H x D)||140.3 x 52.5 x 129.8 mm (without battery)|
140.3 x 93.8 x 129.8 mm (with battery)
|HDTV Compatibility||480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Video Compatibility||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Weight||0.56kg (1.23lbs) (without battery)|
1.05kg (2.31lbs) (with battery)
|Audible Noise||29/24 dBA (Normal/Economic mode)|
|Power Supply||AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||45W/34W ( Normal/Eco) , Standby<1W|
|On-Screen Display Languages||Arabic / Bulgarian/ Croatian/ Czech/ Danish/ Dutch/ English/ Finnish/ French/ German/ Greek/ Hungarian/ Hindi / Italian/ Indonesian/ Japanese/ Korean/ Norwegian/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Romanian/ Russian/ Simplified Chinese/Spanish/ Swedish/ Turkish/ Thai / Traditional Chinese (28 Languages)|
|Accessories (Standard)||Remote Control w/ Battery|
Adapter (by region)
User Manual CD
Quick Start Guide
Warranty Card (by region)
CEA 30 Pin Cable
(1) 3 hours battery life @ 100 ANSI lumens (1 hour @ 200 ANSI lumens)
(2) Battery life time : 300 cycles charging
(3) Charging time : 3.5 hours in empty condition
|Multimedia Formats Supported||Video:|
AVI (H.263, Xvid, MJPEG), MOV (H.263, Xvid, MJPEG), MP4 (H.263, Xvid), 3gp/3g2 (H.263, Xvid), FLV (Sorenson Spark)
*Max 1920x1080 30FPS
MP3, MP2, APE, FLAC, OGG, WAV, M4a
JPG (.jpg/.jpeg) , BMP (.bmp) , PNG (.png)
MKV built-in, SRT (.srt)
*• Subtitle files must be in same directory as the video files.
• The name of subtitle files shall be the same as the name of video files.
Adobe PDF 1.0~1.4 (pdf), MS PowePoint 97~2010 (ppt, pptx), MS Excel 95~2010 (xls, xlsx),
MS Word 95~2010 (doc, docx), Text (txt)
BENQ AMERICA CORP. END USER LIMITED WARRANTY
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, BenQ America Corp. ("BenQ") warrants the BenQ Refurbished Digital Projector ("Product") you have purchased from BenQ online store or from a BenQ authorized retailer in the United States on or after May 1, 2010 to be free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal consumer use during the warranty period in the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska. If the Product becomes defective during the warranty period BenQ will, at its option, repair or replace the Product. BenQ may use new or reconditioned components or parts to repair the Product, or replace the Product with a new or reconditioned Product of the same or functionally equivalent model.
BenQ Projector Standard Limited Warranty: Subject to the exclusions set forth below:
One (1) year from the purchase date by the original retail purchaser (the "Customer") (except for lamps as specified below), parts and labor only (No advance replacement).
Lamp Warranty: Lamp is guaranteed 90 days or 500 hours from the purchase date by the Customer, whichever comes first. Lamp life of the product is gauranteed 80% or more unused.
- Return Merchandise Authorization Shipping: The Customer will pay shipping freight to BenQ or a BenQ Authorized Service Provider and BenQ will pay shipping freight to the Customer during the warranty period.
- DOA (Dead On Arrival): Must be reported within thirty (30) days of purchase. An RMA number must be issued in order to process the replacement. BenQ will replace the DOA unit and cover the freight charges both ways.
- Shipping Damages: All shipping damages must be reported within seven (7) business days upon receipt of the Product. BenQ is not responsible for the shipping damages reported after such period.
- Repaired or Replaced Parts and Products: All repaired or replaced parts or products shall be warranted only for the remainder of the original warranty period specified above.
- Refund: Clearance sale include refurbished products are final sale and none refundable.
Obtaining Depot Warranty Service
Subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Depot warranty service is available for all Products purchased and located in the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska.
- You must contact BenQ Technical Support Center at 1-866-600-2367.
- BenQ or BenQ Technical Support Center will attempt to resolve technical issues over the phone. If telephone resolution is not possible, BenQ or BenQ Customer Service Center will then issue a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number to be used as a means of identifying the product returned. RMA authorization numbers are valid for thirty (30) days and void thereafter
- You must return the product to BenQ unless otherwise directed by BenQ to a BenQ Authorized Service Provider. You must prepay any shipping charges, export taxes, custom duties and taxes, or any charges associated with transportation of the BenQ product. In addition, you are responsible for insuring any Product shipped or returned and assume the risk of lost packages.
- All returned Products must be accompanied with (i) the original shipping and packing materials, (ii) a description of the BenQ product symptom and (iii) proof of the place and date of purchase. The RMA number must be clearly printed on packing slip and on the exterior-shipping container. All Products must be sent in secured packaging to avoid any shipping damages.
- BenQ and BenQ Authorized Service Provider reserve the right to refuse and return, freight collect, Products (i) that are not covered by BenQ’s warranty; or (ii) for which there is no trouble found. Products delivered to BenQ or a BenQ Authorized Service Provider with an expired RMA may be refused and returned, without prior notice, to the Customer freight collect.
- BenQ or BenQ Authorized Service Provider will use its best efforts to service Products within thirty (30) days after receipt of the Products at its warehouse facilities. For return shipments of the Products, except otherwise described herein, BenQ or BenQ Authorized Service Provider will pay the shipping cost and retain risk of loss until delivery to the Customer’s location as evidenced by signature collected by carrier. The Customer may designate only one location within the continental United States, Hawaii, and Alaska for return shipments. BenQ and BenQ Authorized Service Provider are not responsible for shipping or other delays beyond their control.
This limited warranty does not extend to any Product not purchased from the BenQ authorized reseller. This limited warranty also does not extend to any product that has been damaged or rendered defective (a) due to normal wear and tear; (b) as a result of use of the Product other than for its normal intended use, or other misuse, abuse or negligence to the Product; (c) by the use of parts not manufactured or sold by BenQ; (d) by modification of the Product; (e) as a result of service by anyone other than BenQ or a BenQ Authorized Service Provider; (f) improper transportation or packing when returning the Product to BenQ or a BenQ Authorized Service Provider; (g) improper
installation of third-party products; (h) improper environment (including improper temperature or humidity); (i) unusual physical or electrical stress or interference, failure or fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, or acts of God. BenQ is not responsible for damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media. You are responsible for saving (backing up) any programs, data or removable storage media.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN, BenQ DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED BY APPLICABLE LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL BenQ BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, INFORMATION, DATA OR USE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR BASED ON A WARRANTY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF BenQ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AS APPLICABLE, UNDER THE WARRANTY SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACH OF THE BenQ LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. IF, DESPITE THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, FOR ANY REASON BenQ BECOMES LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THEN, THE LIABILITY OF BenQ WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE INVOICE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO BenQ OR A BenQ AUTHORIZED RESELLER FOR THE PRODUCT.
All prices, products, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Some states or provinces/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages for consumer products, and some states or provinces/jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts. In such states or provinces/jurisdictions, the exclusions or limitations of this limited warranty may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state/jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You are advised to consult applicable state and provincial/local laws for a full determination of your rights.
Please call Technical Support Center to report a defective product.
Hours: M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm PST
To avoid delays, please DO NOT SEND ANY BenQ product to BenQ or BenQ Authorized Service Provider without BenQ’s authorization.